Natural History Workshops
Each year during the spring, summer and fall, PVAS offers a series of Natural History Workshops. The workshops consist of three or more hours of expert instruction on a specific natural history topic. They count as elective courses for individuals enrolled in our Potomac Valley Master Naturalist Program but each session is also open on a space-available basis to members of the general public who are interested in learning more about a particular topic but do not want to commit to a full course of Master Naturalist instruction. Each workshop carries a small fee. Enrollment is limited to 20 persons, and pre-registration is essential.
PVAS typically announces each year's workshop schedule and provides online registration through the events calendar. Events listed in blue are open for registration. For more information about the program, contact Ellen Murphy or call 304-676-8739.
- Backyard Birding, January 12, 2013, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. (CraftWorks)
- Project Wild Aquatic, February 9, 2013, 8 a.m.-12 noon (NCTC) Date Change!
- Project WET, March 9, 2013, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. (Martinsburg)
- Exploring Vernal Pools, April 20, 2013, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (NCTC)
- Ecology and History of the Chesapeake Bay on the Schooner Sultana, April 27, 2013, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. (Chestertown MD)
- Dragonflies of WV, June 15, 9 a.m.-noon (CraftWorks)
- WV Butterfly Atlas Training, June 15, 1 p.m.-5 p.m. (CraftWorks)
- Natural History of Fish, December , 42013, Time 6 p.m.-9 p.m. (NCTC)